Wednesday, May 18, 2011

just in time for summer

I was extremely pleased to get an ice cream maker for Mother's Day, and I was determined to figure out how to use it right away, unlike some other presents I have received in the past, such as the ipod and the sushi making kit.

I started with the easiest-looking recipe I could find, which was raspberry sorbet (just raspberries, water, sugar, and salt). It was actually really good and really easy! This is only the beginning...I can't wait to try some different flavors. If anyone has any good suggestions or recipes, let me know!

3 comments:

Richardsons said...

Can you bring it next weekend? I'm up for some taste-testing!

marie said...

definitely!!

Randy said...

Kirsten brought her new ice cream maker to Beaver Island this summer. I think the first she made was the raspberry. Then moved onto variations of chocolate.