Thursday, August 14, 2008

big belly


One year ago today, this is what I looked like. I was in early labor and went to the hospital that next morning. It still amazes me that Meg was in there. Also amazing is that I have really, really good memories of labor, her birth, and our hospital stay. It's really a little crazy because (as Mark can attest) labor and delivery isn't too fun. I think I read somewhere that your body releases a hormone (oxytocin?) during or after birth that actually makes you forget the pain and replaces the memory with good feelings. I think I must have had a big bunch of that floating around because it's very hard to remember anything bad about giving birth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The photo didn't load! (At least: on my computer) I want to see what you looked like the day before you gave birth.....

And: Yes: I've heard the same "rumor" about hormones & birth. I am not yet compelled enough to verify it.... your experience is verification enough for me....

Richardsons said...

I couldn't see the photo either! K

marie said...

Ok, I think I fixed it. Let me know if you still can't see it.

Unknown said...

i can see it now. thank you!