Friday, April 30, 2010

oreo truffles

The first time I met my friend Bailey, she brought to our potluck dinner the most delicious and unusual dessert I'd had in a long time. Of course I had to ask her for the recipe, and I attempted to make them for a baby shower.

They turned out pretty tasty but much sloppier than Bailey's, but thankfully she gave me pointers for next time!


1 pkg Oreo cookies, crushed
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
2 bags of white chocolate chips, melted
small amount of semi-sweet chocolate melted for drizzling on top

Directions:
Crush oreo cookies in a food processer until very fine. Combine crushed oreo cookies with softened cream cheese. Roll into 1-inch balls and put them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Place cookie balls in the freezer for 2 - 24 hours (I think I only froze mine for 2 hours). Roll cookie balls in melted white chocolate and set on wax paper to harden. Drizzle melted semi-sweet chocolate on top.

Bailey's secrets for making them perfect:
Roll them around in the chocolate with forks and lift them out of the chocolate with forks. To make a prettier drizzle, use a baggie and cut a little corner off.

No comments: