Wednesday, April 14, 2010

lost gatitos

Apparently I am missing a library book that I have no recollection of checking out. It is called Los Gatitos...why would I check out a baby book in Spanish? It serves me right. I have been skating on thin ice by checking out 8 baby books at a time and then getting them mixed up in here:



...and those shelves are deep. The books are shoved and crammed way back in there. I have searched high and low for Los Gatitos, but to no avail. And my house isn't even very big. I will probably have to pay up on this one.

What about you? Do you check out library books for your kids? If so, how do you not lose them in your house?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

lol! I've come really close to losing some library books... I keep the receipt so I can check them all off to make sure I return each one. I always check out a LOT of books for Adriana when I go (like 15)...no idea why. I'm just bound to lose 1 or 2 with that many! We haven't gone much since I had Soraya though because I forget even more now that I have 2.

Richardsons said...

I used to check out 10 each time, so I would know how many I had to hunt down around the house. Then after losing (and paying up) on two, I decided upon a new tactic:

One book for each girl + collect them every night (it can be their chore) and put them in a certain spot (mantle).

Ok, I don't always get them collected every night (maybe almost never) but in theory it works better and we haven't lost one in a long time!

marie said...

Meg just "found" the book (I think she had been hiding it), BUT I still had the receipt and it is a different book than Los Gatitos! At least I'm not going crazy.

Great idea on the nightly collection, K.

Brooke said...

Marie, two things that work pretty good for us- Jake has a library book shelf in his room that we keep the books on when they are not being read.

also, a book bag works good if you dont have a shelf, then you just pick up and tote it back when you are ready!
Brooke