Friday, May 14, 2010

pillowcase dress

Now that our house is almost sold, I've been able to make a mess and get out my sewing machine again. I tend to be too much of a perfectionist when I make something (can't tell by the end result!), so I gave myself a challenge: to make my first pillowcase dress in one day (really, 2 hours when the girls were napping).

I failed at my time challenge but it forced me to move forward with it, look over little mistakes, and I finally got it done during naptime today.



Now, on to Katie's dress. Hopefully it will go faster but I have to figure out how to make bloomers...

3 comments:

alicia winsor said...

I LOVE it! Great fabric choices!!

Jessica said...

that's so cute, Marie! I'm the same way...it takes me a long time when I sew because it has to be perfect (as perfect as I can get anyways!).

Richardsons said...

Looks GREAT Marie!!! Wow---so adorable!