Saturday, June 14, 2008

fathers' day

Mark is as wonderful a dad as I imagined he'd be. Meg loves him and lights up when he walks in the room and it's obvious the feeling is mutual. I have no doubt that Meg will grow up to love her dad as much as I love mine.

This is my dad, holding Meg for the first time after she was born. What a blessing he has been to me as a father and he continues to be a blessing to Meg as a grandfather. He has been a source of completely unwavering love, support, and stability.
Click here for an excellent editorial on the importance of fathers to children and to our society as a whole.


2 comments:

horizon said...

Whoa, Marie, awesome! Do I get the honor of the first comment ever?
Happy Father's Day to Mark. You are right about both Mark and WLR. They are both great fathers. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks.

marie said...

Thanks, Mark! Yes, you are my first commenter. :) Can't wait to see you, too.