Wednesday, June 18, 2008

blonde brownies


I made blonde brownies for the first time a couple of nights ago, on kind of a whim after realizing that I had all the ingredients for it. They were surprisingly easy to make -no mixer involved. I froze half of them (this is an experiment) and the other half is...almost gone. The morning after I made them Mark told me he dreamt I ate them all before he got a chance to have one! I got the recipe from my Junior League of Tallahassee cookbook. I will e-mail it to anyone who wants it.

3 comments:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

I'll take that recipe...EJ loves brownies - it's really the only desert he likes.

Unknown said...

I just read your post out loud to Logan (my fiancee; not the baby whom you had posted about a few days ago; thankfully) and Logan exclamed: "She made blondies?!!!" I said, "No, blonde brownies." If you get a chance, will you please help me distinguish for him what the differences are between blondies and blonde brownies? (I myself do not know.) btw: I love the blog. It makes me happy to read it.

marie said...

Very Best Blonde Brownies
3/4 c. margarine, melted (I used butter)
1 lb. brown sugar (it's easiest if you just buy the 1lb. bag instead of trying to figure out how many the heck cups = 1 lb.)
3 eggs, beaten
2 3/4 c. flour
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
12 oz. package semisweet choc. chips
1 t. vanilla

1. Preheat to 350.
2. In a large bowl, pour melted margarine over sugar and mix well.
3. Add eggs and stir.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt. (I skipped this step)
5. Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture, stir to combine.
6. Stir in choc. chips and vanilla.
7. Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan and bake 30-40 minutes.
8. Cool completely and cut into bars (I cut mine while still warm - less messy - but they taste better at room temp.)