Saturday, February 12, 2011

homemade pizza attempt #3: getting closer

I started to see a glimmer of hope last time I made pizza...I believe I have a good whole wheat dough recipe and maybe a good sauce recipe. This time, though, I used half of the dough for a thinner crust and it tasted more like pizza instead of a slice of bread. But it was still too soft and mushy.

Once I figure out how to make the dough a little more crusty (put it directly on the oven rack?) and the right proportion of sauce to crust and cheese, I will be headed towards achieving my goal of good pizza.

(A side goal is to take a picture of pizza that doesn't look oily and gross...)

2 comments:

maarmie said...

That looks more like pizza! Do you bake it on a pizza pan? One with holes in the bottom? Might help make it more crunchy. Don't know.

zgadzooks said...

Marie - I always cook the pizza dough for about 7 min on each side BEFORE i put the rest of the things on it! This may help!!