Thursday, August 19, 2010

three

My sweet Meg turned three on Sunday, and she got to have some cousins over to share her cake. It's so much more fun watching a 3-year-old turn three than, say, turning 33 yourself.

Meg knows the cake is coming...people are singing...the anticipation...


...it is such a big deal to have a cake earmarked all for you!


I thought I'd share what Meg does in her spare time. She lines things up. Anything - shoes, pillows, letter magnets, crayons, blocks.

In this case, she lined up books with a few other objects carefully arranged around them. She called it her "city" and when I asked which city she said, "Louisville".

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday Meg!!!! Ava is the exact same way and has been since she was very little. She spends so much time lining things up and now she will tell me she is "organizing." :)

Jessica said...

Louisville! haha She is so cute :) I'm glad she had a good birthday!

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Happy Birthday Meg!! Gabe likes to line up his cars (and he has a lot) so I'll go in his room and he'll have them lined up across his room

Julie said...

We had fun celebrating with her! And witnessing the lining up of the shoes. Hmmm...what do you think that says about her? So cute!