Thursday, November 6, 2008

mom stripes

Poor Meg has had a nasty stomach bug (rotavirus) all week. This is my first time really ever dealing with this type of...mess. I got my first taste of what was to come when I had Meg in Publix on Monday and she had a massive throw up in the middle of the aisle! I was completely unprepared for any clean-up, as well as during the next massive throw up in the car on the way home. Now I take a bunch of towels and disinfecting wipes wherever we go (which isn't very many places since I'm afraid of another Publix incident). Meg has been spending a lot of time running around the house completely nude (because of diaper rash from sickness out the other end), which she is loving. I am developing a spidey sense and can tell right before she is about to have an explosion (either end) so I can run to deal with it as it happens. Mark says I am earning my "mom stripes." I agree!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

Aww poor Meg. Please let me know if there is anything you need or an errand run, I live so close so don't hesitate!

horizon said...

Ah, that's where having hardwood floors comes in SO handy. Just make sure dad is earning his stripes at night!!