Wednesday, October 29, 2008

chicken tetrazzini

This recipe is turning into a complete indulgent favorite for us. I got the recipe from my friend Sallie when she brought it over after Meg was born. This is total comfort food and I won't pretend it's healthy! (Even if you sprinkle peas in it, which I recommend.) I make one batch, divide it into two 8x8 pans, and freeze one for later or give it away.

3-6 chicken breasts, already cooked and cubed (I roast mine 30 mins. at 350)
1/2 stick butter
1 large can mushrooms, drained
1 T. parsley flakes
2 cans cream of chicken (or cream of mushroom)
8 oz. container of sour cream
salt & pepper
1 lb. box of spaghetti
parmesan cheese

1. Cook chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet, add mushrooms, saute about 10 mins.
3. Add parsley and chicken. Cover and let sit for 10 mins. (I often skip this step.)
4. Add cream of chicken/mushroom soup and sour cream.
5. Meanwhile, be cooking the spaghetti (break into smaller pieces first!).
6. Mix in cooked and drained spaghetti into the chicken mixture, then place in buttered casserole dish, and top with parmesan.
7. Bake at 300 for 15 mins. or until heated through (longer if it was frozen).

No comments: