Monday, July 28, 2008

emily's wedding

We just got back from my cousin Emily's wedding in northern Virginia. I will post more pictures probably tomorrow, but I thought I'd share some photos of us (Emily's aunts and cousins) creating the centerpieces and other flower arrangements. The wedding took place in an absolutely gorgeous setting - the ceremony was outside in a formal garden and the reception was under a pavillion nearby. I didn't crop the photo above because the ceiling of the pavillion was so beautiful I couldn't leave it out!

(above): Aunt Carol and Aunt Beth and some just-begun centerpieces. (below): the finished centerpieces with the table numbers that Emily embroidered by hand.
Here (below) is a close-up photo of one of the table numbers that Emily (in photo above with pink dress) embroidered. The detail was amazing. She said she might use them again some day in a baby's room. I thought that was a wonderful idea.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Emily Wagner said...

Marie! I just now saw this. Amy sent us your blog today. I think your blog is amazing and I'm so touched by your wonderful photos and notes about our wedding. Thank you!