Wednesday, June 1, 2011

jacksonville zoo

We spent Memorial Day weekend with our siblings and cousins in Jacksonville and had a great time swimming, BBQ-ing, and going to the zoo!

We went to the zoo on Sunday morning right when it opened and it was like we had the whole place to ourselves. We could almost reach out and touch those giraffes. They were beautiful.

Katie had a face-off with some slightly aggressive exotic birds and I don't know who won.

My favorite part of the whole weekend was getting to spend time with my 4 nieces and my 2 new (to me!) nephews, Will and Isaac. Eight of the 9 kids eating breakfast:

Claire went swimming for the first time and the swimsuit I packed for her turned out to be WAY too small!! (It looks like Meg should be asking Claire, "how many months pregnant are you?")

2 comments:

Richardsons said...

Love the pictures! I think Katie won the standoff :)

Richardsons said...

Did you see the size of the bite of eggs Will was going to eat? The funny thing is that I think he probably fit it in there without any problems.