Tuesday, December 28, 2010

your christmas was better than ours.

We got the stomach flu. On Christmas Eve...through the night...into Christmas morning.

We were in Jacksonville, so early on Christmas morning we had to pack up the car, including our still-wrapped presents, and drive on the empty interstate back home. I have always wondered what the people in cars stopped on the side of the interstate are doing, but now I know about the dreaded kid-throw-up-in-the-back-seat moment. Gross! And cleaning it up is so much worse when you are in the throes of it yourself. On the side of I-10. On Christmas morning.

On the bright side, I got to meet my two new nephews!! They were adopted from Moldova 3 weeks ago. They are beautiful, curious, energetic, and perfect. I am so excited to watch these boys grow up with my girls and it was so surreal to see these little guys toddling and crawling around.

Isaac and Katie (one of the very few pictures I took):

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh Marie! I am so sorry:( I hope you are all feeling better now and have opened your presents! This will definitely be a Christmas to remember. So glad you were only in Jax. and not South Carolina or further away.