Monday, April 27, 2009

irresistable salad

My SIL Christie has done it again. She gave me an amazing recipe that will probably end up being a staple in our house. Have you ever over-stuffed yourself on salad? I admit I love salad but I have never thought I had eaten too much until I had this for the first time. Click here for the recipe. I recommend not taking any shortcuts: use fresh cilantro, bake the tortillas, use fresh limes and kosher salt. The first time I had it at Katheryne's (aka my other amazing SIL) house she used grilled chicken with taco seasoning instead of chickpeas. She also set the cilantro and green onions in separate little bowls so they remained optional.

1 comment:

Julie Wolfe said...

Thanks for the recipe! We'll do this one Sunday since our Sunday Salad nights are back!