Monday, February 23, 2009

pineapple chicken skewers

I found this recipe a couple of years ago, liked it, then forgot about it. I rediscovered it in my recipe pile (yes, it's just a pile of papers) and am loving it. I made it last week and I had to make it again tonight. You can put whatever you want in it and follow the same basic marinade and broiling directions. It is really good over brown rice. [Note on the recipe: I used ONE huge chicken breast- not 8, baby bella mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, regular onion chunks, no oranges, fresh pineapple, and yellow bell pepper. Also, line your baking sheets with foil.]

Ingredients:
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 fresh mushrooms
black pepper to taste
8 parboiled whole white onions
2 oranges, quartered
8 canned pineapple chunks
8 cherry tomatoes
1 can (6 oz.) frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
dash ground ginger
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil

1. Thread 8 skewers with chicken, fruit and vegetables.
2. Place kabobs in shallow pan.
3. Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
4. Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shannon, EJ, Gabe and Hannah said...

I always love when you put recipe's on here!!! EJ and I love kabobs/skewers as well, we'll all have to get together sometime for dinner

marie said...

yes, definitely!