Tuesday, November 8, 2011

first steps

Claire took her first steps last night! Mark and I were tag-teaming the girls' bath/bedtime and I was helping Meg in the bath when I heard Mark in the next room sounding excited and saying, "One step! Two steps!" - and finally it dawned on me what was happening and I ran in to see her take her third step.


She walked back and forth between us 3 or 4 times, taking about 5 tiny, tentative steps each time.


We were all so excited for Claire and I think she was pretty proud of herself!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

YAY Claire!!!! I can't believe she's big enough to be walking!

Richardsons said...

Congrats to Claire! That is great news---this means we will have all walkers for Thanksgiving! I think this will be the first time in 9 years (between our children) we will have that goal. Ahhhhhh, a milestone for sure!